Day 5: July 13, 2019

Anticipation can be a double edged sword. Before I came to this trip, I had so often fantasised about this that after actually being here for three days doing nothing, I had begun to feel the burden of expectations I had been putting on myself. Well, the three days hadn't been entirely fruitless and slowly but surely a ghost of a plan was forming. And I reminded myself that the intent had always been to be relaxed and be deliberate instead of rushing about things and distracted by unnecessary pressures of scoring points in terms of places been and things done.

And what about the things I had done since being in Manali? I had waken up every day surrounded by lush green hills, a few of whose summits I was yet to see as they were always hidden by a permanent film of lazily floating clouds. The first floor cottage villa I had been allotted was surrounded by an orchard of apple trees laden with green fruits which I had been watching slowly getting tinged by a hint of redness like when a painter would intentionally splash the tiniest droplets of another colour in a canvas already painted.

And I was always planning about places to go and things to do here in Manali ever since reaching here, and the day before I had already combined my inquiries with a visit to the famous Mall Road exploring the possibilities. Finally I had arranged with the hotel for a car that would take me on alternative days on four trips of excitement and adventure, well the last two were mostly my department as no one else could make them happen unless I did. And so then as matter stood, it was agreed that today I would be visiting the Rohtang Pass. Having returned now and reflecting on the day, I've decided to write about it later at a time when I would be able to have a little perspective and not just be utterly overwhelmed and incoherent with adrenaline coursing through my veins as never before making it difficult to concentrate and employ my rudimentary writing skills. Someone had once said something about recollection in tranquility and it was my turn to try it on.

Comments

Popular Posts